Writ of Coram Nobis

A Writ of Coram Nobis is an extraordinary measure that allows an individual convicted of a crime to petition a Federal District Court for vacating a conviction that was obtained in violation of his constitutional rights. Federal District Courts have power to issue a writ of error Coram Nobis. This allows the Court to vacate a judgment of conviction and sentence.

If you have any questions about a writ of coram nobis or another immigration matter, do not hesitate to reach out to New Jersey immigration lawyer, Simone Bertollini. To request a case evaluation, please call (973) 814-4408.

The Process for Writ of Coram Nobis

A Writ of Coram Nobis is not a substitute for an appeal. Itmust be filed in the same Court that entered the conviction, when possible. After the exhaustion of all other remedies, a petition for a Writ of Coram Nobis can be filed in a Federal District Court. It can be used to challenge ineffective assistance of counsel.

The Writ of Coram Nobis is often used when an individual has served his sentence and has been released from custody, but he is prejudiced by serious collateral consequences of the conviction. The most common collateral consequence is deportation from the United States.

The Experience & Competence to Help You

As an immigration attorney in New Jersey, I have experience with all kind immigration and deportation matters. I handled motions for post-conviction relief, petitions for a Writ of Habeas Corpus and petitions for a Writ of Coram Nobis. Also, I often advise criminal lawyers of the immigration consequences of a guilty plea. Finally, I have experience defending individuals charged with Federal Immigration Crimes.

I am admitted to the New Jersey and New York Bars. I am also admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Southern, and Western District of New York, as well as the District of New Jersey. I have full academic qualifications in both Italy and the United States, and I went through the immigration process personally: before becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident, I held E-2 Treaty Investor status.

If you are subject to deportation proceedings because of a criminal conviction, please contact my office to see if anything can be done to vacate the conviction and remain in the United States.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.