DACA: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
New Jersey Immigration Lawyer
DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) is a program which President Obama signed into law in 2012 which allows certain undocumented young people to obtain deferred action on being removed from the United States for unlawful presence in the USA. It is a temporary measure to allow individuals who are under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012 and came to the United States before they were 16 years of age to remain in the United States if they meet certain criteria. Individuals who meet these criteria are eligible for DACA relief:
- If you were under 31 years of age on June 15, 2012;
- If you arrived in the U.S. while you were under the age of 16;
- You have continuously resided in the U.S. from June 15, 2007 to the present date;
- You entered the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status was expired as of June 15, 2012;
- You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and also at the time you made a request for consideration for deferred action with USCIS;
- You are currently in school, you have graduated from high school, or you have successfully obtained a GED, or you were honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or other branch of the armed forces;
- You have never been convicted of a felony crime, a significant misdemeanor, or have more than three misdemeanors on your criminal record, and you do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
DACA relief is here. Our New Jersey immigration attorney can help.
Individuals who qualify and are granted deferred action are eligible for a work permit, but the granting of deferred action does not give the applicant permanent legal status as an alien resident – it merely defers any action being taken against you for deportation, and gives you the advantage of gaining the ability to legally work in the USA. If you have questions about how to apply for DACA relief, or would like assistance in applying for DACA relief, please call the Law Offices of Simone Bertollini. I can help you apply for DACA relief and answer any questions you may have about your immigration status. I have been educated in both Italy and the United States as a lawyer. I have seen cases through to their successful outcome even after other lawyers have given up on my clients.
Call me now for a
free evaluation of your situation and let's begin the process of obtaining your DAC relief today.