Renewal of Conditional Green Card

Trust Our New Jersey Immigration Attorney with Your Case

Lawful permanent residence can be obtained if an immigrant marries a U.S. citizen. With this green card, an immigrant spouse is given 2-year temporary residence. About 90 days before the expiration of the green card, both spouses must file a joint petition for removal of conditions on permanent residence so that a new 10-year green card can be granted.

Our experienced immigration attorney can help you file this petition. To get started, contact us to tell us about your situation today.

Green Cards and Divorce

Usually, both spouses will fill out Form I-751 to remove permanent residence. However, during the 2-year conditional period, the marriage could have ended through divorce or annulment. If this happens, the immigrant spouse can request a waiver of the joint petition. The waiver must be filed with evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith, not for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits. If the waiver is denied, the case will be sent to an immigration judge.

Call Our Skilled New Jersey Lawyer Today

If you need help filling out Form I-751, or you require assistance with a rejected waiver, call the Law Office of Simone Bertollini. Our attorney handles many types of immigration cases, including family-based immigration problems and applications for waivers. He has been listed as a New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Star for 2015 and 2015, a prestigious group consisting of less than 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Let our highly rated attorney assist you with your green card renewal.

For a free initial consultation, contact us at (973) 814-4408 today.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.