Obtaining a Visa in the U.S.

Experienced New Jersey Immigration Attorney

In the United States, only Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) are allowed to work. Those that enter the country illegally or obtain employment with a tourist Visa can be placed in deportation proceedings by the immigration authorities.

Being sponsored by a U.S. Citizen for a green card through family reunification is the most common, but certainly not the only way to work legally in the United States. Many different types of visas are available, depending on the skills of the beneficiary and the nature of work to be performed.

If you have questions about your visa application, please contact me as soon as possible. I am a New Jersey immigration lawyer and am the founding attorney of my firm. I can help you pursue your visa and provide you with the education and resources so that you know what your visa allows you to accomplish and what restrictions there might be.

Schedule an appointment with the Law Offices of Simone Bertollini today.

Visa Categories Available in the United States

Nonimmigrant visas are available for a broad range of purposes and for different lengths of stays. Whether you are seeking a visa for a temporary stay in the U.S. or if you are planning to live and work in for several years at a time.Although there are many Visa classifications available, the following are the most common Business and Employment Visas that my office handles.

B-1 Visa: is a temporary visa for business. The application must be presented at the U.S. Consulate of the Country where the applicant resides. This Visa only allows stays in the U.S for up to 6 months, and employment is not permitted.

E-2 Visa: is a popular investor visa for citizens with which the United States maintain a Treaty of Commerce and Navigation. It requires a substantial investment in a Company that is not marginal in nature. It is generally granted for an initial period of 5 years, it is renewable, and the spouse and minor children of the principal investor can obtain a dependent Visa.

H-1B Visa: is an employment visa for foreign workers with a U.S. bachelor's degree that are coming to the U.S. to perform services in a specialty occupation. It is granted for a maximum initial period of 3 years, with the possibility of being renewed for another 3-year term. The spouse and minor children of an H1B Visa holder can obtain the H-4 Visa.

EB-1 Visa: is an immigrant visa classification is for workers or extraordinary ability, outstanding researchers or professors and outstanding Multinational Managers and Executives.

L-1 Visa: is for foreign companies that intend to transfer an executive, manager or specialized employee in a U.S. based branch, subsidiary, or affiliate company.

O-1 Visa: is a work visa for persons of extraordinary ability in the science, business, athletic or arts that are coming to the U.S. to work for an employer in their area of specialization. Unlike the H1B Visa, the O1 is not subject to an annual cap, and can be used by J-1 Visa holders that are subject to the "2-year rule".

EB-5 Visa: is an immigrant visa (green card) for foreign nationals that invest at least 1 million dollars (or $500,000 in a rural area) in an approved Regional Center or through a direct investment that creates 10 full-time jobs for Americans.

Get a Visa Today With the Help of Our Immigration Firm

At the Law Offices of Simone Bertollini, I have helped many people get Business, Investment, and Work Visas. I am one of the very few Immigration Lawyers in New Jersey with firsthand experience with the immigration system, as I had different temporary Visas before becoming a U.S. lawful permanent resident.

For a preliminary assessment of your case, please send us a message through the website or call us to schedule an initial consultation.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.