New Jersey EB-1 Visa Attorney

Let Us Help You Get Your Visa

The EB-1 visa is one of the best and most popular visas for immigrants who desire to work in the United States. Its advantage is that it is one of the fastest ways to get permanent U.S. residency and doesn’t require a permanent labor certification, which is time-consuming and expensive. Additionally, people who are eligible usually don’t have to wait before applying for an adjustment of status or consular processing to receive a visa.

Contact us about your case at (973) 814-4408.

Who Is Eligible for an EB-1 Visa?

These visas are reserved for people with extraordinary abilities or who are outstanding professors or researchers. Individuals who have sustained national or international achievements in the fields of art, science, education, business, or athletics are eligible. They must also demonstrate evidence of receiving an internationally accepted award, such as a Nobel Prize or Academy Award. If they haven’t received such prestigious awards, they can also be eligible based on some additional criteria, some of which include:

  • Authorship of published material about them in the professional field
  • Authorship of scholarly articles in a professional or major trade publication
  • Served as a judge for the work of others
  • Made original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance in their fields
  • Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or award for excellence

In addition, they must prove they will continue to pursue work in their area of excellence and that their work will contribute substantially to benefit the United States.

Types of EB-1 Visas

In this visa category, there are 2 specific subsections for which people can apply—EB-1B and EB-1C. Each visa can be applied for by people of different occupations. Outstanding professors and researchers should apply for an EB-1B visa, and they must have at least 3 years of experience in teaching or research in an academic area. They also require a formal job sponsorship from a university or other institution of higher education in the United States. Research or teaching experience acquired in pursuit of an advanced degree, such as a Ph.D., can be counted toward the 3-year requirement.

Outstanding multinational managers and executives, on the other hand, should apply for an EB-1C visa. This classification allows managers or executives employed by a foreign country to be transferred permanently to the United States to work in a similar capacity for a U.S.-based company that is part of the same international firm or organization. People who apply for this visa must have worked for 3 years in the organization prior to applying for the visa.

Call Our Experienced New Jersey Attorney Today

Visa application can be daunting and overwhelming. If you’re unsure which visa you might be eligible for, let us help. We have years of experience helping people with their immigration issues, including applying for O-1 and EB-1 visas. Our attorney is also one of the few immigration attorneys in New Jersey with direct experience with the immigration process, having been a business investor with an E-2 treaty visa status. If you want a skilled attorney who is empathetic to your situation, talk to Simone Bertollini.

Contact us by phone or through our online form to schedule a free case review today. Our attorney is also available for in-person consultations at our Clifton, NJ, location.

Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.